Follow these instructions to download and install the latest BookCourier software:
- Connect BookCourier to your PC via the USB cable. Also, make sure that you still have an active Internet connection.
- Before you begin, make sure you already have the latest version of the Transfer Tool installed. From the Help menu, select the About BookCourier… option. Compare the Transfer Tool version number to the latest version number. If you do not have the latest version of the Transfer Tool, you must download and execute Setup.exe.
- From the Help menu in the Transfer Tool, select the Check for Updates option. The Transfer Tool will tell you there is a newer version of the BookCourier software on the web site and ask you to confirm your intention to perform the update.
- Press Enter or click the Yes button to start the update. After the file transfer is complete, a detailed message appears. When you finish reading the message, press Enter or click the OK button to close the message box.
- Disconnect BookCourier from the PC to complete the software installation. You will hear a number of messages on BookCourier while the installation continues. Make sure you do not remove the memory card or the batteries during this process. Also, be aware that you will lose any custom settings such as volume level and reading speed. The update process does NOT affect bookmarks or the file/folder structure. When the installation is finished, BookCourier will beep and go to sleep. At that point, you can start using BookCourier again.